Introduction & Why it Matters
Like other stars, the Sun has natural cycles of periodic explosive flashes, releasing magnetic energy that affects nearby planetary bodies. A solar flash refers to a massive ejection of solar matter (plasma), an event large enough to devastate nearby planets. Historical evidence, declassified documents, and whistleblower testimony indicate that the Sun is overdue for a solar flash.
As in the past, a solar flash is expected to have dramatic effects on the Earth, on technology and communications, and on human DNA and consciousness. Here we highlight the evidence that scientists and researchers share about previous solar flashes plus their reports of indications for the next one. The information has been provided by researchers to support those who wish to become more educated on this topic. As a result, more people may wish to join a demand for release of suppressed evidence and plans, and to prepare themselves spiritually, mentally and physically for the potential of a consciousness-expanding, life-altering event.
Scientific Research: Cycles of Catastrophe
When considering the evidence of a solar flash in Earth’s history, you can consider 1) the scientific evidence itself, and 2) the conclusions and hypotheses derived by various scientists and researchers.
The scientific data relates to these topics, which overlap and interrelate:
- Abrupt climate change
- Cycles of catastrophe
- Earth displacement and pole shifts
Here you’ll find a number of researchers who provide hypotheses regarding these topics.
- There is extensive scientific research on “abrupt climate change” in the Earth’s history, based on evidence in Antarctica and Greenland.
- Independent scientists report a cyclical nature to catastrophic events in Earth’s history.
- Although mainstream science hypothesizes other reasons for these “climate surprises,” evidence gathered by the experts here point to cyclical, predictable solar activity as the cause for previous mass extinction events and climate catastrophes.
- Evidence indicates not only that solar flashes are recurrent events but that the Earth’s history includes crustal displacement, causing the North and South Poles to shift.
About Abrupt Climate Change Research
An important new area of research, abrupt climate change, has developed since the 1980s. This research has been inspired by the discovery, in the ice core records of Greenland and Antarctica, of evidence for abrupt shifts in regional and global climates of the past. These events, which have also been documented in ocean and continental records, involve sudden shifts of Earth’s climate system from one equilibrium state to another…. The Younger Dryas event (12,800 to 11,600 years ago) is the most intensely studied and best-understood example of abrupt climate change.– Britannica.com
Research & The CIA on Earth Displacement & Pole Shift
- In 1958, Charles H. Hapgood wrote Earth’s Shifting Crust: A Scientific Key to Many of the Earth’s Mysteries. Albert Einstein gave his support by writing the foreword for the book. Hapgood proposed that from time to time, the earth’s outer crust has catastrophically shifted over the planet’s inner layers, resulting in parts of the planet that are usually covered in ice shifting to warmer areas. Graham Hancock explains Hapgood’s theory in the 5-minute video below. Hapgood did not propose what might have caused the displacement and his explanation for how it happens was also questioned and refined later. But he was apparently the first to report that it has happened.
- In 1995, Rand and Rose Flem Ath wrote When the Sky Fell: In Search of Atlantis which they expanded in 2012 and renamed Atlantis Beneath the Ice: The Fate of the Lost Continent. They present extensive research that refines Hapgood’s theory.
- To be clear, neither Hapgood nor the Flem Aths predicted earth displacement to happen in our current time (but others do and that information is below).
- The CIA classified a 1963 book (The Adam and Eve Story). In the book, author Chan Thomas wrote of a massive shift of almost 90 degrees that moves both the North and South poles and reported that the poles have flipped back and forth multiple times in Earth’s history.
- In a January 2019 article, Dr. Michael Salla writes, “According to Ben Davidson, it was Thomas’ more accurate explanation [than the one by Charles Hapgood] for how a pole shift happens, which led to the CIA classifying Thomas’ book… The fact that the CIA chose to release a declassified, sanitized version in 20131 is very significant.” In the second of his 3-part series, Dr. Michael Salla provides extensive detail on more related research and testimony for the assertion that massive pole shifts are cyclic.
- Dr. Salla’s January 2019 articles helped to highlight the importance of this topic and the key evidence to date. HOWEVER, in a later article dated May 14, 2019 (Antarctic Ice Core Records Resolve Competing Pole Shift Theories) he presents further in-depth scientific evidence that, as it turns out, supports the Flem Ath / Hapgood theory over the Thomas theory. While both theories relate to pole shifts, the Flem Ath proposal — which Salla explains is now supported by the latest research — is of a somewhat less dramatic nature. He states:
Earth Pole Shift
Thomas’ theory that the Earth regularly experiences 90 degree pole shifts that flip the poles back and forth from equatorial regions is not supported by Antarctic ice core records. While it is comforting to know that the Earth is unlikely to experience anything like the cataclysmic 90 degree pole shift predicted by Thomas, it is sobering to know that even a 20 degree pole shift devastated the worldwide Atlantean civilization 11,600 years ago. The likelihood that we will soon experience a pole shift due to another crustal displacement caused by solar activity, cosmic rays, collapse of the Earth’s magnetic field, activity from the Earth’s core, and/or a rapid melt off of the West Antarctic, appears to be quite high as I have suggested in previous articles examining Davidson’s Earth Catastrophe series. This calls for an unprecedented level of transparency by governments in sharing data about Antarctica’s history, what is known about prior pole shifts, and the disclosure of suppressed technologies that would enable the bulk to humanity to prepare and escape from impending cataclysmic events.– Dr. Michael Salla, May 2019
Earth Crust Displacement & Independent Science
The theory of earth crust displacement… proposes that the earth’s outer shell catastrophically shifts over the planet’s subterranean layers … Albert Einstein [provided] support and active guidance of Professor Charles Hapgood, who developed the theory. We learned how Einstein urged that Hapgood be awarded a Guggenheim Foundation Grant… It’s not well known that the search engines used to access the Internet’s wealth of information direct researchers primarily to articles that espouse the conventional streams of current thought…online access has unexpectedly resulted in a troubling narrowing of science and scholarship… [in this book] You will be introduced to a new generation of international scientists who are challenging the fixations of their predecessors and independently studying the past with a fresh perspective.–Rand and Rose Flem Ath
A Proposal for How Conditions Change in Advance of a Pole Shift
The magnetic field of the Earth will start decaying within 50 years of the actual polar reversal, but the decay will start to exponentially decay as we get within 7 years of the reversal. The magnetic field does not have to go to zero before it snaps to a reversed polarity. As the magnetic field decays, it will create increased heat in the core of the Earth. The additional heat will rise towards the surface and manifest itself in the form of increased volcanoes and earthquakes… The increased heat of the mantel of the Earth’s, upon which the plates “float,” will become more lubricated, enabling them to move or fracture more easily. The increase in volcanic activity goes along with that process.– Douglas Vogt
More Scientists & Researchers
Dr. Robert Schoch
- Dr. Robert Schoch is Associate Professor of Natural Sciences at Boston University and author of Forgotten Civilization: The Role of Solar outbursts in our Past and Future.
- Schoch presents evidence that the cataclysmic events at the end of the last Ice Age (known as the Younger Dryas) were caused by a solar flash.2
Based on data we currently have, I believe that both comet impacts and major plasma events have influenced human prehistory and history. The end of the last ice age was a time when I believe a major plasma event (or events) occurred on Earth, for which there is an increasing amount of evidence including the nitrate data, the petroglyphs, rongorongo texts, and the intentional burial of Gobekli Tepe.– Dr. Robert Schoch
- Ben Davidson is the founder of Space Weather News and Suspicious Observers weather news service.
- Davidson has created a series of videos presenting data that points to recurrent solar flash events in human history.
- As of April 2019, Davidson’s Earth Catastrophe Cycle Series includes 26 videos ranging from three minutes to over an hour each.
- Davidson provides data on 10 solar flashes observed in the Milky Way. Dr. Michael Salla summarizes that data (and more) here.
- Davidson and Dr. Schoch (noted below) compared the effect of a presumed solar flash at the end of the last Ice Age to the most powerful solar event experienced in modern history, the Carrington Event. They estimate the solar flash would have been up to 40 times greater in power than the Carrington Event.
- Bradley Schaefer is an astrophysicist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center.
- As Dr. Michael Salla details here, Schaefer wrote a paper titled, “Flashes from Normal Stars” that appeared in The Astrophysical Journal presenting evidence of “solar outbursts” where the Sun increased its luminosity by over 100 times. He described how such solar flashes could result in an extinction level event.
I crudely estimate that a flash … might result in a major extinction episode.– Bradley E. Schaefer, NASA
J Harlen Bretz
- J. Harlen Bretz was a geologist whose tireless research of the “scablands” of Eastern Washington led him to the conclusion of a catastrophic flood. Eventually he received geology’s highest honor for his work. (Catastrophic Flood Geologist Receives Geology’s Highest Honor)
- In Magicians of the Gods, Chapter 3: A Wall of Green Water Destroying Everything in Its Path, Graham Hancock writes extensively about the evolution of Bretz’s work and the controversy it spawned at the time of his discoveries.
I now realize that what we think of as history is merely the record of human events that have transpired since the last, great planetary catastrophe. I also understand that the imprint of these catastrophes is to be found all around us, in virtually every environment, and we are just beginning to be able to perceive and decipher the evidence.– Randall Carlson
SSP Whistleblower Corey Goode
- Secret Space Program whistleblower, Corey Goode, has received reports of solar matter found on the back of the moon, providing evidence of a previous solar flash.
- See featured video below for details.
[In a conference Q&A in April 2019,] Goode elaborated on how Secret Space Program (SSP) scientists learned about legends of a micronova destroying much of the solar system on a cyclic basis. The SSP sent missions to confirm this and found it on Mars and the Moon. In order to prepare humanity for the shocking news that our sun has periodically generated enormous solar flash (micronova) events that have wiped out civilizations on different planets, it was arranged for NASA to send lunar missions to find “black glass.” This was the residue of an enormous plasma discharge that heavily impacted the Moon and Mars during an earlier solar flash event. Indeed, scientific papers have appeared confirming that black glass found on the Moon was the residue of an enormous coronal mass ejection from the sun.– Dr. Michael Salla
David Wilcock has conducted extensive research on the solar flash and related topics. He brings together research from many disciplines, including virtually every branch of science as well as historical documentation from ancient texts. Here is a portion of the evidence he has gathered. We are continuing to document his research here and expect to have this summary complete by the end of April 2019.
The Geometric Pattern of the Galaxy’s Movement
Wilcock brings together data explaining the “organized intervals of time” by which the galaxy, and our solar system, pass through particular geometric patterns. The patterns themselves are awe-inspiring but in addition, he presents compelling evidence that particular points in the geometry are associated with solar energy release and solar flashes.
- First, he highlights evidence from evolutionary cycle research showing mass extinction events in the past 250 million years that follow a pattern of 25-million year cycles. (James Raup and David Sepkoski)
- He goes on to show that as the Milky Way galaxy spins, stars are rotating through a precise and awesome geometry.3 The galaxy moves through this organized pattern, which includes ten “nodes” or “zones,” in a 250-million year cycle.
- He shows that planetary bodies cross “ley lines” or “corners” of the sacred geometry every 25-million years. This correlates to the mass extinction and mass speciation (lineage-splitting that produces separate species) events on Earth.
Other Planets in the Solar System
Wilcock shows extensive evidence of solar flashes affecting other planets in our solar system. We’ll add highlights from that research here in April 2019.
Cultural & Historical Accounts
Ojibwa (A Native American People)
That’s the comet called Long-Tailed Heavenly Climbing Star. It came down here once, thousands of years ago. Just like the sun. It had radiation and burning heat in its tail. The comet burned everything to the ground. There wasn’t a thing left. Indian people were here before that happened, living on the earth. But things were wrong; a lot of people had abandoned the spiritual path. The holy spirit warned them a long time before the comet came. Medicine men told everyone to prepare … The comet made a different world. After that, survival was hard work. The weather was colder than before…
There are other interesting details in the various versions of this myth told among the Ojibwa and recorded by anthropologist Thor Conway.– Graham Hancock, Magicians of the Gods
The Brule, (A Lakota Nation Tribe)
Even the rocks glowed red hot, and the giant animals and evil people burned up where they stood. Now the Creator began to make the world anew: As the Creator chanted the song of creation it began to rain. The Creator sang louder and it rained harder until the rivers overflowed their banks and surged across the landscape. Finally the Creator stamped the Earth, and with a great quake the Earth split open, sending great torrents across the entire world until only a few mountain peaks stood above the flood, sheltering the few People who had survived … [After the flood subsided], as the People went out over the land they found the bleached bones of the giant animals buried in rock and mud …
People still find them today in the Dakota Badlands… The reference to a flood in this story is one among hundreds in the myths of the Native Americans. Many of them contain intriguing details of great relevance to new scientific information about events in North America at the end of the Ice Age.–Graham Hancock, Magicians of the Gods
28-min: Solar Flash & Polar Shift
40-min: Cyclical Cataclysmic Activity withheld by U.S. Government
Solar Flash as the Cause of Previous Climate Chaos
Based on Greenland ice core data, the Younger Dryas began and ended very abruptly. Its start dates to 10,900 BCE, and its ending (the final warming) began circa 9700 BCE, and may have occurred within an incredible three years; given our inability to resolve the finest details of something that happened so long ago, it may have literally happened overnight. How do we explain this pattern of abrupt climatic shifts? I once hypothesized that comets were responsible… However, the evidence does not support a comet hitting Earth at this time… I [have since] concluded that the Easter Island rongorongo tablets… record a major plasma event in the skies thousands of years ago. This, I believe, was the event that brought a final close to the last ice age… Plasma hitting the surface of Earth could heat and fuse rock, incinerate flammable materials, melt ice caps, vaporize shallow bodies of water creating an extended deluge of rain, and send the climate into a warming spell. The release of pressure that follows the melting of thousands-of-meters-thick ice sheets can induce earthquakes and… volcanoes. The world was in chaos, and this is the event recorded by petroglyphs and the rongorongo texts. The plasma event of 9700 BCE eradicated advanced civilizations and high cultures of the time… [and] may be the original basis for the Atlantis legends; the timeframe fits well with Plato’s account.–Dr. Robert M. Schoch
Effects of Previous Solar Flashes Have Been Mistakenly Attributed to Asteroids
The scientific data confirms that micronova events are common occurrences in our galaxy… yet the evidence has been suppressed by government authorities for decades… The enormous amount of plasma that arrived immediately after the micronova event circa 9700 BCE bombarded the Earth producing an effect similar to one or more major asteroid impacts. This has caused confusion and led many archeological researchers into mistakenly interpreting historic evidence of impacts causing and/or ending the last ice age, as deriving from asteroid impacts rather than plasma discharges.– Dr. Michael Salla
The Effects of a Pole Shift
One day in 1905, the French geophysicist Bernard Brunhes brought back to his lab some rocks he’d unearthed from a freshly cut road near the village of Pont Farin. When he analyzed their magnetic properties, he was astonished at what they showed: Millions of years ago, the Earth’s magnetic poles had been on the opposite sides of the planet. North was south and south was north. The discovery spoke of planetary anarchy. Scientists had no way to explain it. Today, we know that the poles have changed places hundreds of times, most recently 780,000 years ago. (Sometimes, the poles try to reverse positions but then snap back into place, in what is called an excursion. The last time was about 40,000 years ago.) We also know that when they flip next time, the consequences for the electrical and electronic infrastructure that runs modern civilization will be dire. The question is when that will happen… Scientists can’t say for sure that is happening now… but they can say that the phenomenon is intensifying and that they can’t rule out the possibility that a reversal is beginning. It’s time to wake up to the dangers and start preparing.– Undark.org
More Videos Providing Background
15-min: Declassified Book
25-min: Earth Catastrophe Cycle Chapter 1
5-min: Crater Discovery Hypothesized to be Related to Younger Dryas
Sources & Resources
See here for a list of sources and resources for the entire Solar Flash section.
- See also: Central Intelligence Agency, Partly declassified 1963 book: The Adam and Eve Story by Chan Thomas
- Although Graham Hancock here attributes the Younger Dryas to a comet, he points to the evidence of a civilization before Younger Dryas and the important need to recover our history.
- In a series of videos called Wisdom Teachings on Gaia and in his book The Source Field Investigations, Wilcock teaches about the power of sacred geometry. He shows how the same geometry is seen in the atomic nucleus as in the relationships of the planets (citing research by John Martineau in A Little Book of Coincidence), in the synthesis of proteins, and even the structure of human thought (as proven by mathematical research published in 2018).