- By definition, a conspiracy theory is a belief that a covert, influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event. Other terms for conspiracy include: cabal, organized crime and racketeering.
- Acknowledgement of conspiracies was built into foundational documents of American government in order to prevent covert, criminal groups from going unchecked.
- The official story of the assassination of president John F. Kennedy was suspicious and came to be widely questioned. To counter growing public skepticism, the CIA executed a psychological operation (psy op) to discredit inquiry into conspiracies. The 1967 CIA disinformation campaign included popularizing and discrediting the term “conspiracy theory.” This CIA operation was verified by a Freedom of Information Act petition in 1976.
- The Elite, the Illuminati, the 1% and the New World Order (NWO) are usually used interchangeably to refer to a secret effort by a group of powerful people and organizations to amass power and control in the hands of a few. Since the NWO refers to a group of people purported to have secretly organized to do something unlawful and harmful, it is, by definition, a conspiracy theory.
Defining Conspiracy & Related Terms
A conspiracy theory is a belief that a covert, influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event. Other terms for conspiracy include: cabal, organized crime and racketeering.
- Conspiracy = a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful, a cabal
- Cabal = a secret political clique or faction
- Conspiracy Theory = a belief that a covert, influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event
- Covert = not openly acknowledged or displayed (synonyms: secret, clandestine, surreptitious, stealthy)
- Organized Crime = Conspiratorial enterprise engaged in illicit activities as a means of generating income (as black money). Structured like a business into a pyramid -shaped hierarchy, it employs violence and bribery to maintain its operations, threats of grievous retribution (including murder) to maintain internal and external control, and contribution to election campaigns to buy immunity from exposure and prosecution. Its activities include credit card fraud, gun running, illegal gambling, insurance fraud, kidnapping for ransom, narcotics trade, pornography, prostitution, racketeering, smuggling and vehicle theft. (businessdictionary.com)
- Racketeering = crimes committed through extortion or coercion; the term is typically associated with organized crime (source)
- Extortion = using threats or force to obtain something from someone
- Fraudulent = obtained, done by, or involving deception, especially criminal deception
Aren’t conspiracy theorists nutty? In fact, conspiracies are so common that judges are trained to look at conspiracy allegations as just another legal claim to be disproven or proven based on the specific evidence.– The CIA Created the Label “Conspiracy Theorists” to Attack Anyone Who Challenges the “Official” Narrative
Examples of Conspiracies & Extortion
Any groups who violate the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) are, by definition, conspiracies. Examples of conspiracies and extortion include:
- The Mafia (also called Mob or Cosa Nostra) — Organized crime and extortion
- Pharmaceutical Companies / “Big Pharma” — Drug price inflation
- New York City Construction Industry — Extortion
- State Farm — Extortion of justice system
Since 1931, five families have run New York’s Italian-American Mafia: the Bonanno, Colombo, Gambino, Genovese and Lucchese… The exact number of people in the family is unknown. In total, the FBI estimates there are about 3,000 members and affiliates of Italian-American organised crime groups in the US. The families were once vastly powerful, wielding influence over federal and state politicians and holding stakes in entertainment industries, but the US authorities have slowly clamped down on organised crime. A series of major convictions and defections in the 1980s and 1990s crippled their leadership. Former Gambino boss John Gotti – who planned the murder of his predecessor in 1985 outside the Sparks Steak House in Manhattan – was known as the Dapper Don for his expensive suits and flamboyant interviews with the press. Under his tenure the family, made hundreds of millions of dollars a year. But he was convicted of five murders, tax evasion, racketeering, extortion, loansharking and illegal gambling in 1992, and received a life sentence. He died of throat cancer in a Missouri prison 10 years later. Selwyn Raab, author of the book Five Families, told Rolling Stone magazine that the terror attacks in New York in September 2001 completely shifted the FBI’s focus to terrorism, with some organised crime task forces dropping from about 400 agents to 20 or 30… In 2011, the FBI arrested more than 100 mob members, including the alleged street boss of the Colombo family. Even though it was dubbed the largest round-up in the history of the FBI, the head of the bureau’s New York office said that “convicting the hierarchies of the five families several times over has not eradicated the problem”, and that the belief that organised crime was beaten was a “myth”. Dr Anna Sergi, senior lecturer in criminology at the University of Essex, agrees.– New York Mafia: What’s Happening to the Five Families (2019)
“The Five Families are far happier than they have been in the past,” she tells the BBC. They are forging international links with Mexican and Colombian drug cartels, as well as the ‘Ndrangheta from Italy’s Calabria region.
Counties in Kansas… and Missouri filed suits in federal court against more than a dozen [pharmaceutical] manufacturers and distributors, alleging nine of them are in violation of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)… Similar opioid RICO lawsuits have been filed in Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Alabama… The companies, the Bourbon County suit said, “turned patients into drug addicts for their own corporate profit.”– Federal Racketeering Cases Against Opioid Companies
In addition, this Report deals with a litany of official corruption, especially by New York City building inspectors, and with fraud, waste and abuse in the City’s vast public works programs. What I want to emphasize here is that we are confronting a long established cooperative relationship between organized crime on the one hand and labor unions, contractors and suppliers on the other hand… The Report is not cheerful reading. It paints a depressing picture of business-as-usual… and thus offers a depressing commentary on New York City and perhaps on American society as well. It is hard, indeed painful, to contemplate (and therefore the instinct for denial is understandable).– Corruption & Racketeering in the New York City Construction Industry
The problem of racketeer control is clearly complex. The major responses to it have been prosecution and/or economic regulation. A review of the history of these responses suggests that they have been notably ineffective.– Racketeering in Legitimate Industries: A Study in the Economics of Intimidation
State Farm agreed to pay $250 million on the brink of a trial to customers who claimed the company tried to rig the Illinois justice system to wipe out a $1 billion jury verdict… The customers were seeking as much as $8.5 billion in damages in a civil racketeering trial.– State Farm Ducks Racketeering Trial
Labor racketeering is labor corruption committed by, in alliance with, or under the auspices of organized crime groups… Labor racketeering has been a crime problem and a social problem since the beginning of the 20th century. There was no concerted political or law enforcement commitment to attacking the problem until the late 1970’s and well into the 1980’s. Labor racketeering could be studied as a form of organizational crime. It could also be approached from the standpoint of the criminal offenses that it spawns: extortion, embezzlement, fraud, violence, hijacking, restraint of trade, and denial of intangible rights of union members. Yet another option is to approach labor racketeering from the standpoint of the offender, either as a subcategory of white-collar crime or as a subcategory of organized crime.– A Review of Research – Labor Racketeering: The Mafia and the Unions
The CIA Weaponized the Term in 1967
Acknowledgement of the Existence & Threat of Conspiracies was Built into the Fabric of American Institutions until 1967
Democracy and free market capitalism were founded on conspiracy theories. The Magna Carta, the Constitution and Declaration of Independence and other founding Western documents were based on conspiracy theories. Greek democracy and free market capitalism were also based on conspiracy theories… That all changed in the 1960s. Specifically, in April 1967, the CIA wrote a dispatch which coined the term “conspiracy theories” … and recommended methods for discrediting such theories. The dispatch was marked “psych” – short for “psychological operations” or disinformation – and “CS” for the CIA’s “Clandestine Services” unit. The dispatch was produced in response to a Freedom of Information Act request by the New York Times in 1976.– Zero Hedge
The CIA’s Weaponization of the Term Has Been Overwhelmingly Effective
Conspiracy theory is a term that at once strikes fear and anxiety in the hearts of most every public figure, particularly journalists and academics. Since the 1960s the label has become a disciplinary device that has been overwhelmingly effective in defining certain events off limits to inquiry or debate. Especially in the United States, raising legitimate questions about dubious official narratives destined to inform public opinion (and thereby public policy) is a major thought crime that must be cauterized from the public psyche at all costs. Conspiracy theory’s acutely negative connotations may be traced to liberal historian Richard Hofstadter’s well-known fusillades against the “New Right.” Yet it was the Central Intelligence Agency that likely played the greatest role in effectively “weaponizing” the term. In the groundswell of public skepticism toward the Warren Commission’s findings on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, the CIA sent a detailed directive to all of its bureaus. Titled “Countering Criticism of the Warren Commission Report,” the dispatch played a definitive role in making the “conspiracy theory” term a weapon to be wielded against almost any individual or group calling the government’s increasingly clandestine programs and activities into question. This important memorandum and its broad implications for American politics and public discourse are detailed in a book by Florida State University political scientist Lance deHaven-Smith, Conspiracy Theory in America.– James F. Tracy
- BBC — New York Mafia: What’s Happening to the Five Families (2019)
- Bloomburg — State Farm Ducks Racketeering Trial
- Cambridge University Press — The Economics of Organized Crime
- The Kansas City Star — Counties file federal racketeering cases against opioid companies
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service — Crime and Justice: A Review of Research – Labor Racketeering: The Mafia and the Unions
- The New York Post — The New Mafia is Wising Up and Keeping Quiet
- New York State Organized Crime Task Force — Corruption and Racketeering in the New York City Construction Industry
- Rand Corporation — Racketeering in Legitimate Industries: A Study in the Economics of Intimidation
- Zero Hedge — In 1967, the CIA Created the Label “Conspiracy Theorists” to Attack Anyone Who Challenges the “Official” Narrative
The NWO Conspiracy Theory
There are numerous groups responsible for organized crime in both illegal and legitimate industries. These groups are verifiable by reviewing the many examples of proven, high-level and effective conspiracies as shown above.
Whistleblowers and serious researchers link a Shadow Government and “elites” (individuals with incomparable money, power and secret protection) to efforts that have resulted in such global humanitarian crises as crushing poverty and wealth inequality, environmental devastation, human trafficking and endless wars.
The Elite, Illuminati, 1% and New World Order (NWO) are terms often used interchangeably to refer to a secret effort by a group of powerful people and organizations to amass power and control in the hands of a few. NWO conspiracy theories are narratives attempting to make sense of evidence of organized crime and immoral efforts such as social engineering and the engineering of war for the purposes of power, economic gain and control over labor and resources.
Researchers have uncovered a compartmentalized hierarchy, both secret and powerful, whose origins are traced back to the early 20th century.
Conspiracy-related research attempts to answer such questions as:
- Who is participating in the conspiracies we know about? For example, Project Mockingbird is the name for the CIA conspiracy that controls mainstream media (MSM) owners for control of mass messaging. Thus, researchers have worked to answer the question of which media organizations have been infiltrated by the CIA.
- In each of the discovered conspiracies, who is reporting to whom? How much power do people in the upper reaches of the hierarchies have? How have they wielded that power?
- Compartmentalized hierarchy effectively strips individuals of power, turning them into uninformed, powerless, order-taking servants who are ignorant of anything beyond their “need to know” to executive a compartmentalized task (as in the United States military). Thus, to uncover truth, the question of who reports to whom becomes critical.
- Which people and organizations work together to connect multiple conspiracies, and what is the effect? For example, see the Deep State for whistleblower testimony linking powerful organizations such as the CFR, Federal Reserve, IMF, World Bank, MSM and CIA.
Who are They?
We frequently hear that “they” are doing this, that or the other. “They” seem literally to be able to get away with murder. “They” increase taxes and send our sons and daughters to die in wars that do not benefit our country. “They” seem… frustratingly nebulous when it comes to taking action… We shall identify the mysterious “they” and then, after that, it is up to the people to remedy their situation– Dr. John Coleman, Conspirators’ Hierarchy: The Story of the Committee of 300
The following individuals and organizations are said to comprise the upper levels of the NWO.
- Financial controllers — people and institutions that control the policies of the world’s most powerful economies for the benefit of the “elite”
- Social engineering organizations — The Bilderburg Group, Tavistock Institute, think tanks and institutions impacting higher education, the medical industry, entertainment and so on
- Organized Crime — U.S. Shadow Government and Deep State, etc.
- Secret Societies — Skull and Bones, Freemasons, etc.
- The Illuminati Bloodlines — 13 groups connected by ancestral heritage; said to have claimed superiority over others, conspiring to secretly amass power, controlling the world’s finances and ultimately its governance; reports include both cooperation and competition among these “bloodlines”
The [NWO] employs think tanks and other institutions to effect their agenda against the people. These act as recruitment arms as well as a rallying points for agents… to coordinate their activities. According to researchers, the agenda emerges from some kind of high council of criminal syndicates, which agree to a plan that meets their individual interests. From there, the agenda works its way down, being altered to suit the audience its designed to entice. For example, the population control agenda is sold to the general population as tasty food… Similarly, captains of industry, finance, and other pillars of society are inducted into the agenda by careful persuasion, never truly understanding the full agenda. Think tanks are used to develop these persuasion tactics and act as a place to alter a person’s thinking through consensus and rhetoric. In short, people listen to the [NWO] ideologues speak, believe what they hear, and then act of their own free will to carry out the agenda…. This is important to understand because 1) it informs the individual as to how the [NWO] control apparatus operates, thereby empowering the people to take corrective actions, and 2) it reveals that it is unified, despite their war-like nature, demonstrating that unity is an effective strategy. Freedom-seekers would do well to know their enemy and respect them because the [NWO] uses tried and proven methods that those working against them should use to their advantage. If we, the people, learned how to unite and work together, the [NWO] could be dealt with and we would create the foundations of a golden age society, one of abundance, freedom, and increasing prosperity.– Justin Deschamps, Stillness in the Storm
To understand the world around us, it’s vital to see and acknowledge that hierarchy and compartmentalization are key tools for amassing control and maintaining secrecy. Learn more here.
Following are some depictions of how the NWO hierarchy may be structured. The sources of these images are unclear; they’re included here for the opportunity to visualize particular scenarios for consideration. If you are aware of the authors, please let us know so we may properly attribute them.
What is the Agenda?
The mission of those at the top of the control structure is said to be to preserve “elite” bloodlines of the “master races.” The strategies employed have been reported to include:
- Maintain a hierarchical world structure “with a minimum of interference from the vast majority of inferior, non-evolving races of humans.” (Dr. Paul Marko)
- Control the “masses” so that they serve the “elites” in their quest for higher evolution.
- Implement mandatory public schooling to indoctrinate the young.
- Reduce the population of “useless eaters” through wars, starvation and disease.
- Suppress scientific development.
- Weaken and demoralize the masses through unemployment and poverty, undermining and destroying the family unit and constant crises. (Dr. John Coleman)
A 2019 documentary about David Icke called Renegade introduces some these topics.
The tactic of top-down divide and conquer is the oldest play in the book of how to overthrow sovereign people. The rulers foment conflict amongst the people, then step out-of-the-way and let them fight it out, so that they can step in later as the benevolent savior… There are a million problems plaguing our complex world today, and it can be comforting to blame someone whom you can look in the eye, someone who is unprotected by the wealth and security afforded by the oligarchy. Emotional reactions to the stresses in our modern world are to be expected, but without knowledge of the contemporary power structures pulling the big strings, those reactions can be sorely misdirected onto lesser players and other pawns.– 3 Signs You Might Be a Pawn of the New World Order
Terminology Usage Varies
This section on terminology usage is the same as this section of Deep State & U.S. Shadow Government Intro.
There are differences and overlap in how these terms are used:
- The Shadow Government / Parallel Government / Secret Government / Permanent Government
- The Deep State
- Military Industrial / Intelligence Complex (MIC)
- The Cabal
- The Elite / Illuminati / 1%
- New World Order (NWO) / One World Government / Globalist Order / Globalist Agenda
- The Committee of 300, Council of 13, The Round Table
To be sure you’re correctly interpreting reports from various sources, seek clarification on their intention. Here are some ways these terms may be used.
Shadow Government / Parallel Government / Permanent Government
- The terms Shadow Government, Parallel Government and Permanent Government typically mean the same thing.
- A large number of government agencies and closely-related organizations (listed here) which operate in secret, working behind the American government, without accountability to elected officials.
The Military Industrial / Intelligence Complex (MIC)
- The MIC may refer to a subset of the Shadow Government or Deep State (as Shipp does here ).
- Or, it may be used as a synonym for the Shadow Government or Deep State.
Elite / Illuminati / New World Order (NWO)
- The Elite, Illuminati, New World Order (NWO) and Globalist Agenda are typically used interchangeably.
- Other terms that may refer either to the NWO as a whole or to some portion of it are The Committee of 300, Council of 13 or The Round Table.
- They are described below.
The Deep State
- The term Deep State is used widely by many sources. However, the term is used in a variety of ways, making it potentially confusing when comparing research.
- Here we describe how Kevin Shipp differentiates the Deep State from the Shadow Government, with the Deep State being the control system that extends to the economy, military and congress.
- Most sources who use the term Deep State, however, will mean — at minimum — all the organizations listed here.
- Some sources use the term Deep State to mean the NWO. Based on Shipp’s comments about a globalist agenda, he appears to use it in that way. In such cases, the source may distinguish the Illuminati “bloodlines” from the NWO or may not refer to them.
- Some use the term Cabal to mean the Deep State.
- Some use it to refer to the NWO.
In addition to online content, Bird’s Eye View provides free downloads. Get clear and organized information in a professionally designed format — totally free. You are welcome to incorporate the content in your own work and customize as desired. Use the material in any way that suits your needs:
- Incorporate content into your own work.
- Draw from material to support your own.
- Direct people here for more information.
Throughout the site, you’ll find downloadables that are associated with the topic being covered on that page. In addition, a summary of all available downloadable content is provided here.
Simply select the download icon. If you don’t immediately see your item appear, then go to the downloads folder on your device.Compartmentalization & Conspiracy (pdf) v1