Introduction & Why it Matters
Fundamental to truth and discernment is an understanding of how beliefs are formed and the incredible power they wield. Uncovering subconscious beliefs and changing those that don’t support you are critical practices in the pursuit of truth.
Outline of Contents
This is a multi-part section that covers the incredible power of belief systems, why it matters, and how to reprogram subconscious beliefs. Use the outline below to guide or support your research. Select the heading to jump to that section.
- Definitions and distinctions between beliefs, core beliefs and knowledge
- How beliefs are formed
- Why and how they are so powerful
- Context, description and significance of Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Definitions and exploration of the subconscious as the source of limiting beliefs
- Considerations and strategies for overcoming limiting beliefs
- Practices for self-study, expanding your vision, learning from emotions, and inviting your authentic voice.
Part 5: Lies My Teacher Told Me
- Coming here soon. Examples of incorrect information leading to limiting belief systems
Sources & Resources
- Diamond, Stephen A. Ph.D., Psychology Today — Essential Secrets of Psychotherapy: What is the “Shadow?”
- Freud, Sigmund Freud — A Question of Lay Analysis: Conversations With an Impartial Person, p 19
- Grady, Denise, Discover Magazine — The Vision Thing: Mainly in the Brain
- Hampton, Debbie, The Best Brain Possible — How Your Thoughts Change Your Brain, Cells, And Genes
- Hutchison, Sean, Inverse — Don’t Panic, but Physicists in Australia Just Proved Reality Doesn’t Exist
- Jacobson, Sheri, Harley Therapy — Core Beliefs in CBT
- Kahn, Mark, Braided Way — Evolve from the Soul’s Perspective
- Katie, Byron — The Work of Byron Katie
- Kempton, Sally, Yoga Journal — Out with the Old
- Lipton, Dr. Bruce — 4 Simple Strategies to Reprogram Your Mind — 11 minute video
- Lodhi, Anam, Medium — Education and Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Marko, Paul Ph.D. — Belief Magic: Decoding the Belief Matrix — 2014 book
- McLeod, Saul, Simply Psychology — What are the most interesting ideas of Sigmund Freud?
- Morgan, Kate, Medium Psychology — The Psychology of Belief
- Pardi, Paul, Philosophy News — What is Truth?
- Pawula, Sandra, Always Well Within — 17 Powerful Byron Katie Quotes that Will Break Through Your Pain
- Scurlock-Durana, Suzanne — The Five Principles of Full Body Presence, 31
- Seltzer, Leon F. Ph.D. Psychology Today — You Only Get More of What You Resist—Why?
- Stryker, Rod — The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity and Freedom — 2011 book
- Talbot, Michael — The Holographic Universe — 1991 book