Acknowledging That Something is Wrong
Something is wrong with this world. You’ve known it all your life. You don’t know what it is. It’s like a splinter in your mind … driving you mad.– Morpheus, the Matrix
When you’re alone with no distractions, and you let yourself be truly honest with yourself, do you feel calm, empowered, wise and happy?
Or does it feel like you’re not prepared to play this game called life, that you’re missing some key resource or piece of information? Does it feel as if you’ve tried to do “it” (whatever it might be) the right way, but you’re never quite able to reach the home stretch, much less the finish line? Does it feel as if the world has gone mad, and no matter how much you do, how much you feel, how much you distract, how much you wait, hope or pray, it’s still not evolving in the way you’d expect?
You can sense that something isn’t right in the world. You can tell that something out there wants you to destroy yourself. And you know you are destined for a much better life… But your journey here hasn’t been easy. You’ve fallen into a lot of the traps so many of us have. You’ve tried to drown it all with drugs, alcohol, pills, and distractions. You made yourself suffer through depression and anxiety. And you’ve been living small in the hopes of avoiding being seen. Along the way you sought help… and you’re still seeking… you haven’t given up. You want the truth about this world, and you want the truth about your life. You are not alone.– Dylan Charles, Battered Souls
If you’ve known that something is very, very wrong with the world, but you’ve turned away from the madness because you’re sure you’ll go crazy if you stare into the abyss of all that negativity… then perhaps it’s time to cross the bridge into a more full understanding so that you can consciously reject what you don’t choose and be free to create the world you do. You don’t have to believe or join anything; on the contrary, this is a process of de-programming and regaining your autonomy.
Remembering the Fundamental Truths
Consider the following statement by testing it out for yourself. Feel the truth of it in your heart:
You are important. You are a spark of the Oneness, both human and divine.
Can you go deep enough inside your heart to feel this? It’s what every great spiritual teacher has said because it’s simply what is. Now here’s another truth, one that may be harder to believe:
You can be happy in a world gone mad, without forsaking others or yourself. You are capable of being empowered and wise — right now in this life.
You don’t have to take on a particular political perspective and you don’t need to join a cult-like group of people who strongly believe this or that. The process is sometimes called “awakening” and it doesn’t involve religion, politics or any other group or leader, although the number of people who feel compelled to share their own process in order to assist others is enormous.
What is “Awakening?”
The term “awakening” means different things to different people but commonly refers to a process of gaining a particular type of self-knowledge, plus knowledge about how the world actually works.
There was a time when “awakened” referred to only the most advanced spiritual beings such as Yeshua / Jesus or the Buddha. In modern times, Eckhart Tolle and Byron Katie are examples of people who have described a sudden awakening to Truth.
More commonly today, people undergo a gradual process of awakening (which may be interspersed with periods of illumination or enlightenment). People in the process of awakening feel happy and empowered, and will typically report that the process has proven incomparably rewarding.
To reach a point of feeling happy and empowered, folks walking an awakening path will cross some important bridges. They will have:
- Resolved addictive behaviors.
- Healed trauma.
- Gained self-knowledge and self-love.
When enough of these deeply troubling core issues have resolved to the point that we might say a degree of self-mastery has been achieved, then the awakening person more regularly feels happy “for no reason.” The inner tasks of awakening are like peeling an onion, typically continuing throughout life, and deepening over time. At various points in the onion peeling, a core issue will resolve at a deeper level, and the result will be that the magnificence of the individual radiates more and more brightly.
Thus, one side of the coin of awakening is self-knowledge and self-love. The other side is knowledge of the material world as it truly is. While we may not always have control over which side of the coin is most prevalent at various times in our lives, a degree of self mastery is required in order to look at the manifest world in its entirety without spiraling downward into negative emotions or unhealthy coping mechanisms.
To see ignorance and darkness without being harmed by it requires the ability to hold the “light” or “a high vibration.” (This is not the same thing as “spiritual bypassing” or positive-thinking your way out of feeling pain. On the contrary, it requires feeling feelings to move the energy through and feel the spaciousness of higher frequencies.)
There’s great and unexpected potential that comes from being safe enough to look beyond the superficial… being willing to look at the dark underbelly of corrupted, twisted forces. It’s surprisingly empowering to be able to see the causal factors behind the troubling and seemingly nonsensical, corruption, rampant mental health disorders and addiction, disease, poverty, extreme wealth disparity, environmental devastation, negativity and violence.
While most people need the help of other wise people to find teachings and pathways, the work of awakening is done directly and independently by each person. When your inner work has reached a point that you’ve gained some traction around self-knowledge and self-love, then it’s the ability to see the outer world with a new perspective that can really catapult you into a new Reality where things can finally begin to make sense.
And when things make sense again, you’ll be relieved to find you can reliably make decisions that bring you true happiness, and that serve your highest good and the highest good of the planet. You may have moments of weakness, stress, or disappointment, but at your core, you’ll have reclaimed your sense of agency, your personal sovereignty. And you’ll naturally connect with other empowered people whose priorities resonate with you.
Recognizing the Inversion
Everything is Upside Down
Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.– Michael Ellner
How does that quote sit with you? Perhaps you think, “Duh. So how’s that obvious fact going to help me?” Or perhaps it makes you feel prickly and you immediately want to stand up for the good work being done by excellent doctors, bright scientists and ethical journalists. It’s here that we encounter a paradox:
- If your mind sees things in the “duh, things are messed up” way, then, oddly, it’s likely easier for you to digest some of the hard truths that will ultimately lead to solutions, and thus happiness.
- If, on the other hand, your mind jumps right past the entrenched problems in mainstream society, and leaps to a focus on individual goodness, then it can require backing up a step in order to see the situation from another perspective, and thus be able to conceive of new solutions.
The Inversion: It Can’t Be This Mad, So it Must Be Me
Destruction and bombing people to death is called protecting civilians from violence. The whole world is upside down. If you take balance and harmony and a celebration of life to be sanity, then what we live in is insanity… Once you realize the world is mad, you will see and realize that it’s not you that’s mad. It’s actually the world that you are observing… You think, “It can’t be this mad, it can’t be this mad, so it must be me,” … In fact, it is that mad and it’s mad because it is made to be so. Because it is systematically inverted, you think slavery is freedom, war is peace, and all the rest of it.– David Icke
It may at first seem unreal or unhelpful to consider a perspective or “lens” that views the world as a “mad inversion.” But, paradoxically, when you try out the seemingly nonsensical idea that there’s a twisted world around you, then you can begin to see through an entrenched illusion and the overwhelming effect of narrative control.
Trying on this view is similar to Neo being pulled out of The Matrix. When Neo asks why his eyes hurt, Morpheus compassionately replies, “Because you’ve never used them.” To use our eyes to actually see the dark and twisted truths can hurt deeply. But ultimately, things will actually make sense again, which means that you can become much, much happier and solutions are now possible.
Paradigm Shifts, Seeking and Disbelief
When Neo is finally rescued and is shown what The Matrix really is, he rejects it and wants out. He refuses to believe that everything he had believed all this time was actually false and illusory. The experience is so intense for him that he throws up and falls unconscious. I never threw up or fell unconscious, but the paradigm shift did make me feel very confused and uneasy for some time because I no longer understood how I fit into society… Krishna and Morpheus both make it clear to their [followers] that they can exercise their free will to either accept the advice or reject it. This theme comes up several times throughout the Matrix and at each major step Morpheus brings this choice to Neo. When Morpheus takes Neo to the Oracle, he says, “I can only show you the door, but you’re the one who has to walk through it.” This is very true for every spiritual seeker. At each moment, at each stage of our progress, we decide how far we want to go and we can be sure, many tests and temptations will come to distract us from our spiritual pursuits. … For spiritual progress to be steady, we will need to follow one of Morpheus’ final pieces of advice: “You have to let it all go Neo, fear, doubt, and disbelief.”– Pandid Dasa, A Splinter in the Mind: The Matrix Through Hinduism
Here are a number of examples of inversions in our world and our thinking.
Leaders don’t have their heads in the sand. We do.
- It’s not uncommon to hear someone say that politicians, educators or doctors “have their head in the sand” and aren’t acting on what is true and right.
- Like every other human being, professionals have a motive and are following an agenda.
- The agenda may be blatantly immoral or it may be more of a gray area where the person is adhering to norms in order to keep their job. This is a form of the prolific “following orders” mentality that, along with compartmentalization and hierarchy amasses power in the hands of a few.
- In reality, 21% of corporate executives are sociopaths and are thus very intelligent. And no matter how bumbling a politician may appear, their vote is quite likely to be controlled by corporate lobbyists, who, again, are very intelligent with a clear agenda.
- Thus, if we believe that those holding power who do the wrong thing “have their head in the sand” then we believe an inversion of “We have our head in the sand.”
Conspiracy – organized crime – isn’t an irrational theory. It’s a powerful strategy that has proven highly effective.
- By definition, a conspiracy theory is a belief that a covert, influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event. Other terms for conspiracy include: cabal, organized crime and racketeering.
- Acknowledgement of conspiracies was built into foundational documents of American government in order to prevent covert, criminal groups from going unchecked.
- The official story of the assassination of president John F. Kennedy was suspicious and came to be widely questioned. To counter growing public skepticism, the CIA executed a psychological operation (psy op) to discredit inquiry into conspiracies. The 1967 CIA disinformation campaign included popularizing and discrediting the term “conspiracy theory.” The CIA operation was verified by a Freedom of Information Act petition in 1976.
- Any groups who violate the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) are, by definition, conspiracies. Examples of conspiracies and extortion include The Mafia, pharmaceutical companies, New York City construction industry and State Farm insurance.
- For details and verification, see here.
Consciousness is not brain cells firing. It’s the Ultimate Reality.
The entire worldview that we’ve been conditioned to accept… when we turn that inside out, this produces a Copernican revolution. This includes the political worldview here in the US – we’re the good guys in the West; the other – that used to be the communists, now it’s the Muslims – is the evil enemy… Copernicus, of course, famously told us that the earth goes around the sun and not the other way around. Likewise, we need this critical revolution from the material space-time reality to the true reality, which is consciousness. That consciousness is not just this epiphenomenon of material reality, just brain cells firing that produces the illusion of consciousness, as materialists tell us. Rather, that consciousness itself is the ultimate reality and that the material space-time world is just an epiphenomenon of consciousness. So that’s the ultimate Copernican shift that we need. But they’re all tied together. It’s all part of one big Copernican shift. And if I could plant the seed of turning everybody’s worldview inside out through this kind of composite Copernican revolution, I guess then that’s what I would do.– Kevin Barrett, Ph.D.
See much more: What is Consciousness?
The phrase “national security” has been co-opted to enable control and secrecy without oversight.
Governments… were there to serve us, to do our will, but nowadays they are the ones controlling us. We don’t even know what’s going on, because they have turned the whole thing around. Now they’re ruling from behind closed doors with all of these rules of so-called national security… National security is their security – the people hiding in the dark. It’s their security… to control the information that will leak out about them and their actions. National security should be transparency. It’s through transparency that we can understand what is going on.– Ole Dammegard
The deception that enslaves: reality is perceived only by the five senses.
What I call perception deception… is to manipulate people and program them to perceive everything only through the five senses. The five senses are the great illusion, and if people experience and perceive the world only through the five senses, the system’s got them… Where we are enslaved, we’re enslaved in the prison of the five senses.– David Icke
Light & Shadow
Have you ever felt like there is so much wrong in the world that it’s too much to contemplate? Or that when you try to engage with what’s bothering you about the world, that you never seem to get far before you’re sucked into a well of problems that are too entrenched, too big for for mere mortals to solve? You’re not alone, but you don’t need to stay in that state.
Awakening to the world as it really is brings seriously negative themes into your awareness, many of which can be difficult to face. Some of these topics can cause strong feelings from grief to anger and repulsion, but you can remind yourself that you’re just exploring and that you’re free to discern truth for yourself. There’s no obligation to change your belief systems unless you choose to do so.
It’s not advisable to step into the shadow when you don’t have adequate light. That can lead to fear, reactivity and victimhood rather than empowerment and resilience. On the other hand, if you have a strong sense of self and personal safety, and you can’t understand why the world has so many big problems, then it behooves you to explore the shadowy corners where you’re called to bring light.
You can explore any new areas at a pace that is comfortable for you. Select the topics that are calling you right now. “Research & Testimony” in the main menu of this site will give you plenty to explore in an organized way.
One good place to begin is: The Failure of Systems. The Power of People. The Case for Going Local.
You are Sovereign & Powerful
You contain the Light of the Creator. You are inherently perfect and your birthright is sovereignty.
- The incorrect and outdated materialist worldview still has a strong hold on the collective. This paradigm, which offers no accounting of spirit or consciousness, sees the universe as a mechanistic device held together by pieces of matter subject to Newtonian laws. This disempowering view has been disproven but remains embedded in Western culture.
- Every individual can expand his or her consciousness, raise their vibration, awaken and be truly happy.
- Mainstream science, mainstream medicine and mainstream thinking in general do not refer to what is most common or most useful but rather what is the most powerful or influential. This very important distinction can make it more clear why the mainstream is not concerned with discernment, possibility or the true scientific method and why truth is found more readily through independent sources and individual discernment.
Disempowerment is “Normal”
There are those whose agenda is to disempower you in order to empower themselves.
- The world around us has been inverted. Narrative control is the name of the game. (more below)
- Mainstream media provides an illusion of choice while in fact being at the mercy of six giant corporations with agendas contrary to investigative journalism.
To get to actual truth in a world gone mad requires knowing how to be discerning, including mindful evaluation of testimony and statistics.
- It can be much easier to discern truth once you’ve taken a clear-eyed look at how corporations betray humanity, how modern medicine and the FDA betray humanity, how governments betray humanity, how researchers (in the name of “science”) betray humanity, and the enemies of truth including obstruction and deception, manipulation and power abuse, dehumanization and character assassination. If nothing else, be sure you understand the prevalence and traits of the sociopathic personality.
- A “shadow government” is made up of over a dozen large groups operating in secrecy and without accountability to elected officials. These are not “political holdovers” from previous administrations but instead are traced back to 1947. In other words, the decisions that make the biggest impact on the world, from economics to war, are made by powers hidden from the public.
- The terms “black budget operations,” “deep black programs” and “special access programs (SAP)” are synonymous and refer to secret government programs and spending. The shadow government has control of somewhere between 50 billion and and a few trillion dollars per year. Elected officials have no control over these programs.
- There is an overwhelming amount of evidence of the presence of extraterrestrial visitors and an official cover-up for the purpose, among other things, of withholding free energy and advanced technology from the public in order to keep power in the hands of a few.
Power is Operating in the Shadows
Power has been amassed and maintained by a few. The power is so great that in some cases, it is used for unfathomably harmful practices and a twisting of things to enable secrecy.
- Many institutions that purport to serve the public have been co-opted by sociopaths who use compartmentalization and hierarchy and extortion to maintain control.
- Organizations widely associated with abuse or trafficking of children include those entrusted by the public including Boy Scouts of America, Camp Pendleton Marine Base, the Catholic Church, The United Nations and the U.S. foster care system.
- Further, there are unimaginably large numbers of people in professional positions in government, military, religion, charities, medicine, education, Hollywood, finance and business who have been arrested or identified as perpetrators in human trafficking, sex trafficking, child slavery, or child sexual abuse.
- Trauma-based victimization and mind control is a well-established protocol used widely to maintain control.
Dorothy to Oz: How Did You Do It?
‘Doesn’t anyone else know you’re a humbug?’ asked Dorothy.
‘No one knows it but you four – and myself,’ replied Oz. ‘I have fooled everyone so long that I thought I should never be found out. It was a great mistake my ever letting you into the Throne Room. Usually I will not see even my subjects, and so they believe I am something terrible.’
‘But, I don’t understand,” said Dorothy, in bewilderment. ‘How was it that you appeared to me as a great Head?
‘That was one of my tricks,’ answered Oz. ‘Step this way, please, and I will tell you all about it.’– The Wizard of Oz
Like the moment when Oz began to share his tricks, there are hundreds of whistleblowers who have come forward to share the tricks. I invite you to listen to them.
And once it makes sense, then it’s time to reclaim your power and create the world you want for yourself and the next generations.