Awakening to What Exactly is Wrong
Something is wrong with this world. You’ve known it all your life. You don’t know what it is. It’s like a splinter in your mind … driving you mad.– Morpheus, the Matrix
When you’re alone with no distractions, and you let yourself be truly honest with yourself, do you feel calm, empowered, wise and happy?
Or does it feel like you’re not prepared to play this game called life, that you’re missing some key resource or piece of information? Does it feel as if you’ve tried to do “it” (whatever it might be) the right way, but you’re never quite able to reach the home stretch, much less the finish line? Does it feel as if you’re caught just outside the ring of something you can’t quite put your finger on?
If things haven’t made sense for a while now, or if you’ve known that something is very, very wrong with the world, but you’ve turned away from the madness because you’re sure you’ll go crazy if you stare into the abyss of all that negativity… then you’re more right than you know!
Making Sense of Things & Reclaiming Your Power
Consider the following statement by testing it out for yourself. Feel the truth of it in your heart:
You are important. You are a spark of the Oneness, both human and divine.
If you go deep enough inside your heart, you’ll know that this is true without question. It’s what every great spiritual teacher has said because it’s simply what is. Now here’s another truth, one that may be harder to believe:
You can be happy in a world gone mad, without forsaking others or yourself. You are capable of being empowered and wise — right now in this life.
You don’t have to take on a particular political perspective (any of them or none of them are okay) and you don’t need to join a cult-like group of people who strongly believe this or that. The process is sometimes called “awakening” and it doesn’t involve religion, politics or any other particular group or leader.
What is “Awakening?”
The term “awakening” means different things to different people but commonly refers to a process of gaining a particular type of self-knowledge, plus knowledge about how the world actually works.
There was a time when “awakened” referred to only the most advanced spiritual beings such as Jeshua / Jesus or the Buddha. In modern times, Eckhart Tolle and Byron Katie are examples of people who have described a sudden awakening to Truth.
More commonly today, people undergo a gradual process of awakening (which may be interspersed with periods of illumination or enlightenment). People in the process of awakening feel happy and empowered, and will typically report that the process has proven incomparably rewarding.
To reach a point of feeling happy and empowered, folks walking an awakening path will cross some important bridges. They will have:
- Resolved addictive behaviors.
- Healed trauma.
- Gained self-knowledge and self-love.
When enough of these deeply troubling core issues have resolved to the point that we might say a degree of self-mastery has been achieved, then the awakening person begins to more regularly feel happy “for no reason.” The inner tasks of awakening, like peeling an onion, typically continue throughout life, deepening over time. At some point in the onion peeling, when trauma, addiction and lack of self-love have continued to resolve at deeper levels, the magnificence of the individual radiates more and more brightly, and they are compelled to express their uniquely beautiful aspect of the life force.
Thus, one side of the coin of awakening is self-knowledge and self-love. The other side is knowledge of the world as it truly is. While we may not always have control over which side of the coin is most prevalent at various times in our lives, a degree of self mastery is required in order to look at the manifest world in its entirety without spiraling downward into negative emotions or unhealthy coping mechanisms.
To see ignorance and darkness without being harmed by it requires the ability to hold the “light” or “a high vibration.”
There’s great and unexpected potentiality in being safe enough to look beyond the superficial into the deep, dark underbelly of corrupted, twisted forces. It’s surprisingly empowering to be able to see the causal factors behind the troubling and seemingly nonsensical, intractable human problems such as hate, disease, poverty and extreme wealth disparity, corruption, rampant mental health disorders and addiction, and environmental devastation.
While most people need the help of other wise people to find a pathway to awakening, the tasks are ones we each do on our own. When your inner work has reached a point that your self-knowledge and self-love have gained some traction, then it’s the ability to see the outer world with a new perspective that can really catapult you into a new Reality where everything makes sense.
And when things make sense again, you’ll be relieved to find you can reliably make decisions that bring you true happiness, decisions that also serve your highest good, and the highest good of the planet. You may have moments of weakness, stress, or disappointment, but at your core, you’ll have reclaimed your sense of agency, your personal sovereignty. And you’ll naturally connect with other empowered people whose priorities resonate with you.
Recognizing the Inversion
Everything is Upside Down
Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.– Michael Ellner
How does that quote sit with you? Perhaps you think, “Duh. So how’s that obvious fact going to help me?” Or perhaps it makes you feel prickly and you immediately want to stand up for the good work being done by excellent doctors, bright scientists and ethical journalists. It’s here that we encounter a paradox:
- If your mind sees things in the “duh, things are messed up” way, then, oddly, it’s likely easier for you to digest some of the hard truths that will ultimately lead to solutions, and thus happiness.
- If, on the other hand, your mind jumps right past the entrenched problems in mainstream society, and leaps to a focus on individual goodness, then it can require backing up a step in order to see the situation more clearly, and thus be able to see real-world solutions.
The Inversion: It Can’t Be This Mad, So it Must Be Me
Destruction and bombing people to death is called protecting civilians from violence. The whole world is upside down. If you take balance and harmony and a celebration of life to be sanity, then what we live in is insanity… Once you realize the world is mad, you will see and realize that it’s not you that’s mad. It’s actually the world that you are observing. You stop trying to make sense of it. You think, “It can’t be this mad, it can’t be this mad, so it must be me,” … In fact, it is that mad and it’s mad because it is made to be so. Because it is systematically inverted, you think slavery is freedom, war is peace, and all the rest of it.– David Icke
It may at first seem unreal or unhelpful to consider a perspective or “lens” that views the world as a “mad inversion.” But, paradoxically, when you try out the seemingly nonsensical idea that there’s a twisted world around you, then you can begin to see through an entrenched illusion and the overwhelming gaslighting.
Trying on this view is similar to Neo being pulled out of The Matrix. When Neo asks why his eyes hurt, Morpheus compassionately replies, “Because you’ve never used them.” To use our eyes to actually see the dark and twisted truths can hurt deeply. But ultimately, things will actually make sense again, which means that you can become much, much happier and solutions are now possible.
Paradigm Shifts, Seeking and Disbelief
When Neo is finally rescued and is shown what The Matrix really is, he rejects it and wants out. He refuses to believe that everything he had believed all this time was actually false and illusory. The experience is so intense for him that he throws up and falls unconscious. I never threw up or fell unconscious, but the paradigm shift did make me feel very confused and uneasy for some time because I no longer understood how I fit into society… Krishna and Morpheus both make it clear to their [followers] that they can exercise their free will to either accept the advice or reject it. This theme comes up several times throughout the Matrix and at each major step Morpheus brings this choice to Neo. When Morpheus takes Neo to the Oracle, he says, “I can only show you the door, but you’re the one who has to walk through it.” This is very true for every spiritual seeker. At each moment, at each stage of our progress, we decide how far we want to go and we can be sure, many tests and temptations will come to distract us from our spiritual pursuits. … For spiritual progress to be steady, we will need to follow one of Morpheus’ final pieces of advice: “You have to let it all go Neo, fear, doubt, and disbelief.”– Pandid Dasa, A Splinter in the Mind: The Matrix Through Hinduism
Here are a number of examples from the inversion paradigm.
It’s Not a World Full of Crazy People; It’s a World Run by a Psychopathic Minority
So many of these these awful events that have changed world history, have been shown to be connected. I’m talking about the exact same people being involved in many of these events. So instead of looking at a crazy world with a lot of political assassinations done by lone crazy guys all over the place, I have been able to find direct links showing that so much mayhem in this world is being created by a very few elite people. Well, they call themselves the elite. I would call them the minority of the few. That very few people in key positions are behind a lot of awful stuff in this world gives me great hope because that also makes it so much easier to handle, and limits the problem to a small group that we need to transcend to get to the next level.– Ole Dammegard
Consciousness is Not Brain Cells Firing; Consciousness is the Ultimate Reality
The entire worldview that we’ve been conditioned to accept… when we turn that inside out, this produces a Copernican revolution. This includes the political worldview here in the US – we’re the good guys in the West; the other – that used to be the communists, now it’s the Muslims – is the evil enemy… Copernicus, of course, famously told us that the earth goes around the sun and not the other way around. Likewise, we need this critical revolution from the material space-time reality to the true reality, which is consciousness. That consciousness is not just this epiphenomenon of material reality, just brain cells firing that produces the illusion of consciousness, as materialists tell us. Rather, that consciousness itself is the ultimate reality and that the material space-time world is just an epiphenomenon of consciousness. So that’s the ultimate Copernican shift that we need. But they’re all tied together. It’s all part of one big Copernican shift. And if I could plant the seed of turning everybody’s worldview inside out through this kind of composite Copernican revolution, I guess then that’s what I would do.– Kevin Barrett, Ph.D.
The Deception that Enslaves: Reality is Perceived Only by the Five Senses
What I call perception deception… is to manipulate people and program them to perceive everything only through the five senses. The five senses are the great illusion, and if people experience and perceive the world only through the five senses, the system’s got them… I’ve never talked about the conspiracy to enslave humanity without talking about the nature of reality and the nature of who we are. Because unless you talk about both, there is a massive imbalance… because one is an expression of the other. It’s the ignorance of the nature of reality and the ignorance of the true nature of self that has allowed the slavery to happen. Where we are enslaved, we’re enslaved in the prison of the five senses.– David Icke
The Phrase “National Security” Has Been Co-opted to Enable Control and Secrecy Without Oversight
Governments.. were there to serve us, to do our will, but nowadays they are the ones controlling us. We don’t even know what’s going on, because they have turned the whole thing around. Now they’re ruling from behind closed doors with all of these rules of so-called national security… National security is their security – the people hiding in the dark. It’s their security… to control the information that will leak out about them and their actions. National security should be transparency. It’s through transparency that we can understand what is going on.– Ole Dammegard
Leaders don’t have their heads in the sand. We do.
- It’s not uncommon to hear someone say that politicians, educators or doctors “have their head in the sand” and aren’t acting on what is true and right.
- Like every other human being, professionals have a motive and are following an agenda.
- The agenda may be blatantly immoral or it may be more of a gray area where the person is adhering to norms in order to keep their job. This is a form of the prolific “following orders” mentality that, along with compartmentalization and hierarchy amasses power in the hands of a few.
- Thus, if we believe that those holding power who do the wrong thing “have their head in the sand” then we believe an inversion of “We have our head in the sand.”
Conspiracy isn’t an irrational idea. It’s a powerful strategy that has proven highly effective.
- By definition, a conspiracy theory is a belief that a covert, influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event. Other terms for conspiracy include: cabal, organized crime and racketeering.
- Acknowledgement of conspiracies was built into foundational documents of American government in order to prevent covert, criminal groups from going unchecked.
- The official story of the assassination of president John F. Kennedy was suspicious and came to be widely questioned. To counter growing public skepticism, the CIA executed a psychological operation (psy op) to discredit inquiry into conspiracies. The 1967 CIA disinformation campaign included popularizing and discrediting the term “conspiracy theory.” The CIA operation was verified by a Freedom of Information Act petition in 1976.
- Any groups who violate the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) are, by definition, conspiracies. Examples of conspiracies and extortion include The Mafia, pharmaceutical companies, New York City construction industry and State Farm insurance.
- For details and verification, see here.
The World as it Really Is: Themes
Have you ever felt like there is so much wrong in the world that it’s too much to contemplate? Or that when you try to engage with what’s bothering you about the world, that you never seem to get far before you’re sucked into a well of problems that are too entrenched, too big for for mere mortals to solve? You’re not alone, but you don’t need to stay in that state.
Awakening to the world as it really is may bring some of the following themes into your awareness, many of which can be difficult to face. Some of these topics can cause the mind to react, but you can remind yourself that you’re just exploring and that you’re free to discern truth for yourself. There’s no obligation to change your belief systems unless you choose to do so.
It’s not advisable to step into darkness when you don’t have adequate light. That can lead to fear, reactivity and victimhood rather than empowerment and resilience. On the other hand, if you have a strong sense of self and personal safety, and you can’t understand why the world has so many big problems, then it behooves you to explore the dark corners where you’re called to bring light. You can explore any new areas at a pace that is comfortable for you. Select the topics that are calling you right now:
You are Sovereign & Powerful
You contain the Light of the Creator. You are inherently perfect and your birthright is sovereignty.
- The incorrect and outdated materialist worldview still has a strong hold on the collective. This paradigm, which offers no accounting of spirit or consciousness, sees the universe as a mechanistic device held together by pieces of matter subject to Newtonian laws. This disempowering view has been disproven but remains embedded in Western culture.
- Every individual can expand his or her consciousness, raise their vibration, awaken and be truly happy.
- Mainstream science, mainstream medicine and mainstream thinking in general do not refer to what is most common or most useful but rather what is the most powerful or influential. This very important distinction can make it more clear why the mainstream is not concerned with discernment, possibility or the true scientific method and why truth is found more readily through independent sources and individual discernment.
Agendas of Disempowerment are “Normal”
There are those whose agenda is to disempower you in order to empower themselves.
- The world around us has been inverted. Gaslighting is the norm. (more below)
- Mainstream media provides an illusion of choice while in fact being at the mercy of six giant corporations with agendas contrary to investigative journalism.
To get to actual truth in a world gone mad requires knowing how to be discerning, including mindful evaluation of testimony and statistics.
- It can be much easier to discern truth once you’ve taken a clear-eyed look at the enemies of truth including obstruction and deception, manipulation and power abuse, dehumanization and character assassination. If nothing else, be sure you understand the prevalence and traits of the sociopathic personality.
- A “shadow government” is made up of over a dozen large groups operating in secrecy and without accountability to elected officials. These are not “political holdovers” from previous administrations but instead are traced back to 1947. In other words, the decisions that make the biggest impact on the world, from economics to war, are made by powers hidden from the public.
- The terms “black budget operations,” “deep black programs” and “special access programs (SAP)” are synonymous and refer to secret government programs and spending. The shadow government has control of somewhere between 50 billion and and a few trillion dollars per year. Elected officials have no control over these programs.
- There is an overwhelming amount of evidence of the presence of extraterrestrial visitors and an official cover-up for the purpose, among other things, of withholding free energy and advanced technology from the public in order to keep power in the hands of a few.
Power is Maintained Through Dark Practices
Power has been amassed and maintained by a few who use unfathomably dark practices to twist things into their favor.
- Many institutions that purport to serve the public have been co-opted by sociopaths who use compartmentalization and hierarchy and extortion to maintain control.
- Organizations widely associated with abuse or trafficking of children include those entrusted by the public including Boy Scouts of America, Camp Pendleton Marine Base, the Catholic Church, The United Nations and the U.S. foster care system.
- Further, there are unimaginably large numbers of people in professional positions in government, military, religion, charities, medicine, education, Hollywood, finance and business who have been arrested or identified as perpetrators in human trafficking, sex trafficking, child slavery, or child sexual abuse.
- Trauma-based victimization and mind control is a well-established protocol used widely to maintain control.
The Wizard of Oz
The Lion thought it might be as well to frighten the Wizard, so he gave a large, loud roar, which was so fierce and dreadful that Toto jumped away from him in alarm and tipped over the screen that stood in a corner. As it fell with a crash they looked that way, and the next moment all of them were filled with wonder. For they saw, standing in just the spot the screen had hidden, a little old man, with a bald head and a wrinkled face, who seemed to be as much surprised as they were. The Tin Woodman, raising his axe, rushed toward the little man and cried out, “Who are you?”
“I am Oz, the Great and Terrible,” said the little man, in a trembling voice. “But don’t strike me–please don’t–and I’ll do anything you want me to.”
Our friends looked at him in surprise and dismay.
“I thought Oz was a great Head,” said Dorothy.
“And I thought Oz was a lovely Lady,” said the Scarecrow.
“And I thought Oz was a terrible Beast,” said the Tin Woodman.
“And I thought Oz was a Ball of Fire,” exclaimed the Lion.
“No, you are all wrong,” said the little man meekly. “I have been making believe.”
“Making believe!” cried Dorothy. “Are you not a Great Wizard?”
“Hush, my dear,” he said. “Don’t speak so loud, or you will be overheard–and I should be ruined. I’m supposed to be a Great Wizard.”
“And aren’t you?” she asked.
“Not a bit of it, my dear; I’m just a common man.”
“You’re more than that,” said the Scarecrow, in a grieved tone; “you’re a humbug.”
“Exactly so!” declared the little man, rubbing his hands together as if it pleased him. “I am a humbug.”
“But this is terrible,” said the Tin Woodman. “How shall I ever get my heart?”
“Or I my courage?” asked the Lion.
“Or I my brains?” wailed the Scarecrow, wiping the tears from his eyes with his coat sleeve.
“My dear friends,” said Oz, “I pray you not to speak of these little things. Think of me, and the terrible trouble I’m in at being found out.”
“Doesn’t anyone else know you’re a humbug?” asked Dorothy.
“No one knows it but you four–and myself,” replied Oz. “I have fooled everyone so long that I thought I should never be found out. It was a great mistake my ever letting you into the Throne Room. Usually I will not see even my subjects, and so they believe I am something terrible.”
“But, I don’t understand,” said Dorothy, in bewilderment. “How was it that you appeared to me as a great Head?”
“That was one of my tricks,” answered Oz. “Step this way, please, and I will tell you all about it.”