- You are within a multi-part section. We make it easier to navigate efficiently by showing you how the content is structured.
- To view an outline of this section as a whole, see Extraterrestrial / Alien Beings & Breakaway Civilizations: Intro & Overview. Use the links to navigate quickly and efficiently.
- See also: Related Content at the bottom of the page.
- Exopolitics — the study of the key individuals, institutions and political processes associated with extraterrestrial life (Michael Salla Ph.D.); the science of relations among intelligent civilizations in the Multiverse (Alfred Webre Ph.D.); convergence of an interdisciplinary science, an international political movement and a new paradigm, dealing with the wide range of implications of extraterrestrial life (Paola Harris)
- Exoconsciousness — the study, practice and applications of the extraterrestrial origins, dimensions and abilities of human consciousness (Rebecca Hardcastle Wright Ph.D.)
- Diplomacy — 1) the skill of managing international relations, 2) relating to others in a sensitive and effective way (dictionary)
- Track-One Diplomacy / First Tier Diplomacy / Official Diplomacy — diplomatic activities conducted by official representatives of a state or state-like authority; includes such activities as mediation, negotiations, condemnations, fact-finding missions, psychological intimidation and sanctions (Beyond Intractability)
- Track-Two Diplomacy / Unofficial Interactions — diplomatic activities conducted by private citizens, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) or businesses (Beyond Intractability)
The Role of Exopolotics
Working for decades in a subject area cloaked in the most extreme secrecy imaginable, exopolotics professionals have nevertheless developed a body of work that endeavors to answer such pressing questions as:
- Who is officially and unofficially interacting with extraterrestrials?
- Have any agreements been negotiated or rejected? What are the details of those negotiations?
- What have been the motivations of the various extraterrestrial beings that have visited and interacted with people on Earth?
- What has been the agenda of the Earth beings involved in negotiations?
- What diplomacy models do we as citizens of the Earth wish to employ?
- How can people be optimally prepared to interact with extraterrestrial visitors?
Back in 2004, Dr. Michael Salla wrote the following succinct summary of extraterrestrial and Earth human interaction. Since that time, corroborating evidence has continued to mount, with the only notable difference being that an onslaught of reports indicates that there are many more types of extraterrestrial races and interdimensional beings than noted at that time.
There are dozens of different extraterrestrial races with a variety of motivations that are interacting with global humanity. These extraterrestrial motivations span the spectrum from “benevolent” activities aimed at uplifting humanity towards a fuller expression of its collective potential, to manipulative activities designed to undermine human sovereignty. There is extensive evidence of government agencies in the United States and elsewhere having held meetings and having reached agreements with some extraterrestrial races. These official diplomatic meetings have been highly classified and suggest that “galactic diplomacy” at an official level has been secretly underway for at least 50 years without the knowledge of most citizens and elected representatives. [More info here.]… There is extensive evidence that a number of extraterrestrial races are assisting in the evolution of human consciousness, and communicating with private citizens and groups that are interested in more peaceful and harmonious policies at a global level. These communications and initiatives linking private citizens and groups with some extraterrestrial races suggests the potential for an unofficial form of ”galactic diplomacy” to be practiced that complements the official form of galactic diplomacy secretly conducted by government agencies.Michael Salla, Ph.D. (2004)
For a clear summary of the strengths and weaknesses of official diplomacy in general, see Susan Allen Nan’s article here. In the context of extraterrestrial relations in particular, exopolotics professionals highlight additional issues beyond those found in traditional international relations. Perhaps the most fundamental and obvious issue is that any “representative” on the planet who holds official power represents a nation as opposed to the Earth as a whole. Thus, there is a lack of representation for:
- Geographical areas that are not within the boundaries of any nation, such as oceans and the inner earth,
- The people of Earth as a whole, and
- The Earth herself as a whole, living interconnected system.
While the United Nations comes closest in ideals, it does not, in fact, represent any of these.
Nations represent their sovereign territories and population, but who represents the planet as a whole? After all, the oceans cover approximately 70% of the planet’s surface, and the surface itself is only a fraction of the whole landmass of Earth that extends for thousands of miles into an unknown interior. You might think that the UN represents the planet. Well, that is not the case at all, since it is a multilateral organization that represents the interests of its members. In that sense, the UN is more like an elite club that has rules set up by its members but does not have any power over its members other than what the members give it.– Exopolitics.org
Public information on the current situation of official galactic diplomacy is slim:
- In Legal Implications of an Encounter with Extraterrestrial Intelligence, an international lawyer poses the question, “Who on Earth has the authority to sign an interplanetary pact with extraterrestrials?” The professional concludes that any authority to “represent the human civilization as a whole… is unclear as of yet, and nothing in international law or space law directly addresses it.”
- The SETI Institute has written basic protocols to be used by their scientists if they receive a response to radio signals from extraterrestrial intelligence. The protocols, which include involving the United Nations, are here: Protocols for an ETI Signal Detection.
- In 1978, the United Nations called for a coordinated study of extraterrestrial life and UFOs. The Recommendation to Establish UN Agency for UFO Research (UNGA 33/426) was spearheaded by Sir Eric Gairy, Prime Minister of Grenada and was passed by the UN General Assembly. However, it was never implemented in part because it was deemed a “decision” rather than a “resolution” along with other political maneuvers.
- Beyond UNGA 33/426, a proposal by the Director of the UN Office for Outer Space Affairs has proposed that the UN take a more active role with regard to extraterrestrial contact. “The discussion piece by Dr. Mazlan Othman, Director of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (OOSA) [is] simply titled Supra-Earth affairs. Finally, finally we have a solid argument for United Nations leadership in First Contact.” (Eric Melcher)
- Also significant is whistleblower testimony of private UN meetings indicating concern over an increase in UFO sightings, as reported by Dr. Michael Salla here.
Considering that there are thousands of pages of testimony regarding official and unofficial contact with extraterrestrial beings, the few public announcements summarized above are virtually meaningless. Thus, investigation beyond these public initiatives is vital for an accurate understanding of the current situation.
Official Diplomacy Conducted without Public Acknowledgement or Oversight
Track one galactic diplomacy involves public officials who are secretly appointed by the shadow government and/or national security agencies to represent the interests of their nations and deal with the extraterrestrial presence. Officials engaging in track one galactic diplomacy… claim to be the official political representatives of global humanity and of the Earth’s territories. Yet in the eyes of a number of extraterrestrial races, these official diplomats enjoy less legitimacy than “awakened humanity” who presumably speak with greater authority due to their alignment with the “Voice of Gaia” and willingness to represent the aspirations of other sentient species on Earth… While some agreements have been reached between shadow government representatives and some extraterrestrial races, other extraterrestrial races have instead chosen to contact private individuals.Michael Salla, Ph.D. (2004)
Who Can Be a Contactee and/or Citizen Diplomat?
Citizen diplomacy is common in international affairs and refers to any engagement of private individuals and organizations with a foreign contact to promote dialogue and conflict resolution. By its nature, diplomacy involves an understanding of those one is engaged with. Exopolitics professionals endeavor to learn about — and promote understanding of — extraterrestrial races and breakaway civilizations, thereby offering a foundation of learning from which individuals and groups may draw from.
There are extensive reports of contact with various extraterrestrial races by all types of people. Those who report on this contact run the gamut from hoaxes to scholarly reference books written by Ph.D.s. There are countless first-hand reports and cases reported by ufology investigators. For organized lists of sources, see:
- Testimony from Professionals Only: Military & Intelligence Agent, Government & Industry Professionals, Astronauts & Pilots
- Documentaries & Researchers
- Key Cases
Many Individuals are Citizen Diplomats
Ever since George Adamski wrote his famous book, Inside the Flying Saucers, in 1955, there has been a succession of private citizens who have claimed to have been contacted by extraterrestrial races and had extensive communications and interactions with them… These contactees have… given public lectures, written books, formed support groups, and communicated with key elites, all with the purpose of conveying the information given by extraterrestrials and convincing a skeptical public of the friendly nature of these extraterrestrials. Without necessarily knowing it, these contactees were engaging in “track two galactic diplomacy” insofar as they… were willing to disseminate the truth about the extraterrestrial presence and the implications for global humanity.
National security agencies have publicly treated contactees with skepticism and ridicule, but in reality the agencies paid close attention to contactees in order to simultaneously extract whatever information could be gained from them, while limiting the extent to which their information would enter the public arena…
This is likely to herald a period of tension between those portions of humanity respectively aligned either with their national political institutions, or aligned with a broader set of global interests that fall under the rubric of the “Voice of Gaia.”Michael Salla, Ph.D. (2004)
- Part 3B: Inspiration and Considerations for Preparing for Contact
- Part 4: About Extraterrestrial Races
Sources & Resources
- Exopolotics.org — Recommended Reading
- Hassanabadi, Babak Shakouri, The Space Review — Legal Implications of an Encounter with Extraterrestrial Intelligence
- Lamiroy, Manuel — Exopolitics South Africa
- Melcher, Eric, Alien First Contact — Dr. Mazlan Othman: A Call for United Nations Action
- Nan, Susan Alan, Beyond Intractability Knowledge Base — Track 1 Diplomacy
- Salla, Michael, Ph.D. — Galactic Diplomacy: Getting to Yes with ET — 2013 book
- Salla, Michael, Ph.D., Biblioteca Pleyades — The Emergence of “Track Two” Galactic Diplomacy with Extraterrestrial Races
- Salla, Michael, Ph.D., Exopolotics Journal — The History of Exopolotics: Evolving Political Approaches
- Salla, Michael, Ph.D., Exopolotics South Africa — Secret UN meetings discussing UFOs Chaired by President of the General Assembly
- United Nations — Recommendation to Establish UN Agency for UFO Research