- You are within a multi-part section. To view the overall structure, see Extraterrestrial/ Alien Beings & Breakaway Civilizations: Intro & Overview. (Go to “Outline of Contents” and select where you want to go.)
- To “go up” or “back” one level see Key Cases Intro & Overview
- For more Key Cases, see Related Content at the bottom of the page.
George Adamski Intro
- George Adamski’s documented, witnessed encounters with human extraterrestrials in the 1950s brought him worldwide recognition.
- Adamski’s experiences and reports are noteworthy for being supported by both physical and testimonial evidence.
- The evidence was obtained at a time before people developed their own photos or had personal computers for creating fraudulent effects, and before the “hoax era” in general.
- It also came at a time just before the U.S. government suppression and disinformation efforts came into full force. As a result, Adamski’s experience and messages were publicized and discussed openly.
In a Nutshell
- On November 20, 1952, in the Californian desert, Adamski had face-to-face contact with a human extraterrestrial, an encounter that was witnessed by six others who later signed affidavits testifying to what they had observed.
- Photos of the extraterrestrial craft were authenticated and never disproven.
- To become familiar with George Adamski is to become familiar with the prevalence of UFOs and extraterrestrial visitors in public discourse at the time (1950s), including mainstream news headlines.
- Investigative journalist Paola Leopizzi Harris calls George Adamski a galactic ambassador and notes that the messages Adamski relayed from the extraterrestrial visitors were timely and precise. Adamski conveyed the visitors’ warning of the lethal consequences of nuclear testing. “They said the radiation released from these blasts endangers the existence of all life upon our world.”
- Adamski later related (as described by Harris here) that the visitors from space explained that the United States had a choice to stop relying on repeated war and reconstruction as an economic policy and instead to start a space program, from which a more sustainable and just economy could be created.
As I approached him a strange feeling came upon me and I became cautious. At the same time I looked round to reassure myself that we were both in full sight of my companions. Outwardly there was no reason for this feeling, for the man was like any other man and I could see he was somewhat smaller than I and considerably younger. Suddenly a veil was removed from my mind and the feeling of caution left me completely, and I was no longer aware of my friends. Now for the first time I realized that I was in the presence of a man from Space – a human being from another world. The beauty of his form surpassed anything I had ever seen. The pleasantness of his face freed me from any thoughts of my personal self. I felt like a child in front of someone with great wisdom and love and I became very humble within myself, for from him was radiating a feeling of infinite understanding and kindness with supreme humility. He made me understand their coming was friendly.– George Adamski
- Adamski and others in his group took pictures of the flying saucers. The photos were analyzed and found to be genuine by such experts as an Eastman Kodak optical physicist and a NASA mission specialist, among others.
- To see the official photo authentications, see here.
- Adamski reported having additional interactions with extraterrestrial visitors and relayed scientific information from these visits, including some that was unknown at the time and later verified. Most famously, he described the firefly-effect on the dark side of the moon, a fact confirmed by astronaut John Glenn eight years after Adamski reported it.
- Worldwide officials at the highest levels met with George Adamski, including Britain’s Queen Elizabeth (newspaper clip here) and Queen Juliana of the Netherlands. Evidence also supports the existence of a private meeting with Pope John XXIII on May 31, 1963.
- All the public figures who met with Adamski reported him to be credible and his story to be plausible.
- During his life, Adamski and his message were welcomed by many people all over the world. After his death, he was dismissed and ridiculed by many leading scientists and “some 50 years later, arguments surrounding the validity of Adamski’s story still rage on.” (source)
Zirger discusses the shocking extent to which evidence and testimonies supporting Adamski’s famous Desert Center landing was dismissed, ridiculed or distorted by leading scientists of the era such as Dr. Donald Menzel, Dr. Jacques Vallee, and Dr. Carl Sagan. Most UFO researchers have ever since dismissed Adamski as a hoaxer, despite the compelling evidence suggesting otherwise. Indeed, Adamski’s photos of flying saucers and cigar shaped ships dating from 1950 have never been shown to be forgeries.– Michael Salla, Ph.D.
- Although the official suppression efforts didn’t become overwhelmingly powerful until just after the time of Adamski’s visits, he was still subjected to threats and disinformation campaigns.
- In The Book of Adamski by Gray Barker, Adamski describes his “fight with the Silence Group.” Excerpt below:
Throughout my public life in the promotion of the teachings of the Space Brothers, I have been visited by many agencies, including the F.B.I, Central Intelligence Agency, Air Force intelligence, the U.S. State Department and people from other government agencies. Now I am not saying that these particular people tried to silence me. There are many facets of the Silence Group, and many I am afraid neither I nor the general public know about… They have even tried to distort my experience by referring to my former group in which I served as instructor in philosophy… Shortly after the publication of “Flying Saucers Have Landed,” I was visited by three men, two of which I had met previously, but the third was a stranger. It was he who took the role of authority and direly threatened me, demanding certain papers I had, for one thing. Some of these I gave him, and was promised their return, but this promise was never kept… There is no need denying that I was frightened. Before they left I was told to stop talking or they would come after me, lock me up and throw the key away… I wonder if Wall Street might be the central faction behind all the battling to keep the phenomenon of interplanetary visitation in the field of the occult, and combating those of us who know and announce that the space people are physical beings, traveling in mechanical spacecraft. They would like nothing better than to have this whole thing thrown into the field of the psychic, called a cult, and discredited in the minds of sincere people throughout the world.– George Adamski
[Alien visitors] have helped us in many ways… The cold war which has continued for so long could have flared into open hot war had they not intervened in different ways and places. They have done much to neutralize the radioactive conditions created in our atmosphere through or bomb testings. Were it not for their assistance in this, radiation would be much more pervasive than it is today… To me, the coming of the space visitors is a holy event… They offer a helping hand and words of counsel in time of need; a situation Earth finds itself in today.– George Adamski
When people’s eyes are turned upward, searching the skies for friendly space visitors, and their minds filled with longing for peace and happiness on Earth, it becomes difficult to fill their minds with hatred for their fellow men, wherein war finds a fertile field. And youthful minds s filled with challenging thoughts of space travel are not easily diverted toward the rater questionable honor awaiting in bloody battlefields. Is this one of the things the financers see and fear?…This knowledge of interplanetary visitors who are friendly to Earth people, and who themselves have learned to live in peace with one another seems to have given new hopes to many who have lost hope, and a new purpose to life for untold numbers. It is this which those who control the purse strings of the world fear. Acceptance of the reality of interplanetary visitors would have far-reaching effects upon the present-day economic system of Earth. Everybody would be affected in a far greater degree. I believe they see this and are fighting it with everything they have, and at the same time endeavoring to remain conspicuously absent from the scene.– George Adamski
Sources & Resources
- Aartsen, Gerard — George Adamski: A Herald for the Space Brothers — 2012 book
- Aartsen, Gerard — The Sea of Consciousness: The Invisible Ocean — 2019 book
- The Adamski Foundation — About George Adamski
- Adamski, George — Behind the Flying Saucer Mystery: Ancient Astronauts, The Space Brothers, and The Silence Group — third edition book, 1968
- Adamski, George — Inside the Flying Saucers — book originally published in 1954 / later edition 2014
- Adamski, George and Desmond Leslie — The Flying Saucers Have Landed — book originally published in 1953 / later edition 2017
- Barker, Gray — The Book of Adamski — 2014 book
- Gould, Neil, Exopolotics Journal — Revisiting George Adamski’s Claims of Human Looking Extraterrestrials
- Meredith, Regina —Teachers from the Stars with Paola Harris, UFO Researcher and Author
— 1 hr video
- Randazzo, Joseph J. — The Contactees Manuscript — 25th Anniversary Edition published 2018
- Salla, Michael, Ph.D. — Did Extraterrestrials from Venus Make Contact in 1952?
- Salla, Michael, Ph.D. — Did German Astronaut Pretend to be from Venus during Adamski 1952 Encounter?
- Zirger, Michel — Authenticating the George Adamski Case: The Desert Center Investigation — 2018 book